Technical and Regulatory Executive
Our client is looking to recruit a Technical and Regulatory Executive to be based inCentral London.
The Technical and Regulatory Executive will have the following duties:
- Development and pursuit of industry policy in line with the Food Safety and Scientific Steering Group Objectives and Work Programme
- Provision of secretariat support in respect of assigned technical committees and working groups, planned to include Residues and Contaminants Committee and Food Hygiene Committee
- Provision of advice to members on scientific, technological and regulatory developments in respect of relevant aspects of food safety.
- Monitoring scientific, technical and regulatory developments, including the study and analysis of relevant UK Government, EU, Codex Alimentarius and other policies and proposals as they relate to the food and drink industry
- Undertaking industry consultations, including data collation and analysis, and providing information and advice to members, sector associations and groups and where appropriate other trade associations, and individual companies
- Assisting with the representation of policies to all appropriate external bodies, including FSA, DEFRA, HSE, PHE, BEIS, farming, retailer, food service and consumer organisations, EU institutions, FoodDrinkEurope and its members
- Preparation and circulation of committee and secretariat papers (e.g. agendas, action lists and minutes)
- Attending and reporting on relevant company and external meetings and pursuing actions arising
- Developing, reviewing and implementing policy in respect of specified areas
- Liaising closely with colleagues across the team and within, to ensure adequate briefing in relation to areas of responsibility and to facilitate mutual support between horizontal and sector policy leads, in order to maintain a high quality of service to members
- Helping to communicate policies clearly and accurately, by keeping members informed through appropriate channels and by ensuring that the relevant sections of the website are kept up-to-date
- Working collaboratively with supply chain trade associations to ensure that policies and lobbying activities are aligned and optimised wherever possible
- Assisting in the prevention and management of incidents, including, as required, provision of weekly RASFF report and/or responsibilities for reviewing incident management guidelines
- Deputising for the Head of Food Integrity and Policy in his/her absence
- Any other reasonable ad hoc duties that may be required
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of the food and drink industry and government bodies
- Technical expertise in food safety and regulatory issues, preferably encompassing residues, contaminants and food hygiene.
- Relevant experience in industry, trade association or similar organisation is desirable
- Responsible self-starter
- Strong ability of manage a diverse workload and a wide range of issues
- Good ability to sustain a range of working relationships
- Good administrative ability
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- IT literate with experience of Word, PowerPoint and Excel
This is the voice of the UK food and drink industry – the largest manufacturing sector in the country. We help our members operate in an appropriately regulated marketplace to maximise their competitiveness. We communicate our industry’s values and concerns to Government, regulators, consumers and the media. We also work in partnership with key players in the food chain to ensure our food is safe, affordable and nutritious and that consumers can have trust in it.
We offer an excellent employee benefits package to our employees – a pension scheme, life insurance, 25 days annual leave, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work scheme, eye-care vouchers, weekly fruit drop. After successful completion of a 6-month probationary period, employees are entitled to an interest-free season ticket loan, gym subsidy and private health insurance.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply by sending a CV, covering letter and salary expectations,to the email address on this job board illustrating why you are best-placed to take on the role, please click on the link.
5.30pm, Friday 6th January 2017