South Sudan: STATE ADMINISTRATOR WARRAP STATE SOUTH SUDAN
CCM (Comitato Collaborazione Medica) is an Italian NGO operating in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, South Sudan, Somalia and implementing a variety of health-related projects.
CCM has just been granted different projects focused on the support of primary and secondary health services in Warrap and Lakes States.
Location: Tonj East and Tonj South Counties (Warrap State) – South Sudan with coordination periods in Juba
Contract duration: 6 months (with extension).
Start date: May 2016
Closing date for applying: 17th April 2016
Duties and Responsibilities
Aims and general characteristics
The State Administrator supports the Project/Programme manager to ensure a proper administrative and financial management of the projects in the target area. In particular:
· (S)he validates the book-keeping entries made by the project staff and ascertains the proper allocation of costs upon verification of the invoices and other administrative documents.
· (S)he prepares and/or consolidates the weekly cash books, providing to the Head Office evidences of the payments and timely submission of the invoices and other administrative documents.
· (S)he records the incomes and expenditures (cash books of projects) in CCM accounting software and ensures that all the accounts are reconciled.
· (S)he files all payment/expenditure documents separated by project and month.
· (S)he provides monthly budget follow-up and ensures that the expenses are in line with the fund request, the procurement plans and the NGO administrative practices.
· (S)he supports the project staff in the elaboration of the annual budget and the fund request to the Head Office in Juba according to CCM procedure and deadlines;
· (S)he supports the Head office in Juba in the preparation of the draft of financial reports related to (her)his area of competence (as assigned by the Country Administrator) according to the contracts signed with the Donors and CCM’s internal procedures.
· (S)he checks and submits for approval to the Head Office in Juba the monthly payrolls of local staffs at all projects, keeping record of the payrolls for future reference.
· (S)he keeps track of and monthly update records of NSSF deductions from local staff salaries and CCM contributions.
· (S)he participates to the elaboration of the procurement of goods, services and equipment.
· In strict cooperation with the field logisticians, (s)he oversees the administration, supervision and management of assets acquired by each project and of CCM field offices,
· (S)he oversees the contracts and procurement procedures of goods and services complying strictly with donor and CCM requirements, in strict coordination with the State Coordination, field logistician, procurement officer and Country Administrator.
· Relevant academic background for the position
· Proven administrative skills and experience in budget management and accounting;
· Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role and at least 1-year experience in less development countries or emergency area.
· Experience in the elaboration of financial reports with several donors (UE, UN, etc…).
· High level skills in program coordination, management and supervision;
· Previous experience and understanding of South Sudan is advisable;
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
· Proven ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and availability to stay in a remote context;
· Proven leadership, problem solving and organizational skills with flexibility and patience;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel,
- Fluency of both written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of the Italian language is added value.