South Sudan: PROJECT MANAGER – WARRAP STATE.
VSF Germany is an international Non-Governmental Organization, providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. In the region, VSF Germany implements activities in the Republic of Southern Sudan, Sudan, Kenya, Somalia and Ethiopia.
With support in animal health, agriculture, marketing, food safety, drought responses and mitigation, but also developing the capacity of communities and governmental institutions or initiating peace and conflict resolution we work towards food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities.
In partnership with AGRITEAM and NRC, VSF Germany is implementing the Government of Canada funded “Building Resilient Agricultural Production-BRAP” food security project in Gogrial West and Twic Counties of former Warrap State, South Sudan. VSF Germany will be responsible for two Immediate Outcomes :Improved water access in dry season to enable expanded vegetable production and Improved capacity among state-level authorities to promote and support climate change resilience through the adoption of appropriate livestock management protocols at community level, the provision of regular extension and veterinary services and the introduction of aquaculture
VSF Germany seeks to recruit a qualified and well experienced Project Manager to oversee the implementation of the project in Warrap State of South Sudan. This position is Field based 100%
- The incumbent will be responsible for the project planning, management, monitoring and implementation.
- Ensure the project implementation progress is in line with the activity work plan
- Permanently monitor the different levels of the projects and report progress to the Area coordinator.
- Ensure that donor regulations are adhered to and that necessary administrative, financial and implementation controls are observed.
- Manage the project budget ensuring strict monitoring on all expenditure.
- Participate and contribute to relevant project related networks and links.
- Develop work plans, financial projections and verify all financial reports on the project.
- Manage the flow of technical reports and compilation of the same in the project narratives for internal and donor reporting and give constant contribution to financial reports.
- Support internal and external monitoring and evaluation exercises.
- Manage the project team with clear guidance in the different components of the project
- Detect needs in the areas of intervention and conduct need assessments
- Collaborate with the Program department in developing new proposal
- Respond to cross cutting issues affecting the community in cooperation with specific Expert agencies and build on arising community needs for furtherance of humanitarian Intervention as required.
- Represent VSFG in various project forum, Government meetings and networking levels.
- Perform any other duty as duly assigned by the Area Coordinator or designate.
Qualifications, Experience, Attributes & Skills required
• University Degree in Agriculture/Animal Science/veterinary or Livestock Production or rural Development related field.
• Postgraduate degree in development related field preferred
• Experience in agricultural production will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 5 years working in food security and livelihood related interventions
• South Sudan context experience is highly desired.
• Team leadership and liaison/working with the Local Governments experience
• Working knowledge of donor funds and reporting practices.
• computer knowledge
• Proficiency in English, Knowledge of Arabic is an Advantage