South Sudan: Food Security & Livelihoods Program Manager
Action Against Hunger | ACF International, a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger, works to save the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger.
We are currently recruiting for a Food Security & Livelihoods Program Manager for our programs in South Sudan. This position is a six months position based in Malualkon, South Sudan
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
by playing a key role in tackling the root causes of hunger through identifying local needs and applying ACF’s approach and activities through development and implementation of project plans. You will develop the professional capacities of all ACF staff and foster strong relationships with the community.
Key activities in your role will include
- Implementing FSL projects according to ACF strategy and technical protocols and effectively manage teams. Training the FSL team to have the capacity to successfully carry out projects.
- Collaborating with other project components, local partners and ACF departments to maximize the impact of ACF’s programs.
- Represent ACF externally in both the Humanitarian Community and with Government officials as well as developing strong links with FSL and NGO actors.
- Take an active role in all FSL related aspects in the case of an emergency
Do you meet the profile required criteria ?
You’re a seasoned Food Security and Livelihoods professional
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Agronomy, Rural Development, Anthropology, Geography, International Development or another related field.
- You have 2 years’ work experience in similar setting and responsibility.
- You have experience in humanitarian settings delivering agriculture, livestock, cash or other livelihoods based programming in complex emergency and conflict/post conflict settings.
You’re a super communicator
- You have experience working with colleagues who do not speak your language. You are used to explaining your work in non-technical terms.
- You are comfortable explaining policies & procedures to a team.
- You stay calm & like talking to colleagues to find solutions to their problems.
- You have contributed to team reports & are able to succinctly summarize & analyze current field activities.
Your work style builds trust within your team
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You are calm under pressure, & able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You identify training needs and work with the HR dept to develop and implement relevant trainings.
- You are goal-oriented while also being genuinely committed to helping others succeed.