South Sudan: Cash & Vouchers Program Manager
Action Against Hunger | ACF International, a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger, works to save the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger.
We are currently recruiting for a Cash & Vouchers Program Manager for our Mission in South Sudan. This position is based in Malualkon.
As Cash & Vouchers Program manager,
You will play a key role in tackling the root causes of hunger through identifying market needs and applying ACF’s approach and activities through designing and implementing project plans. You will develop the professional capacities of all ACF staff and foster strong relationships with the community.
Key activities in your role will include
- Carry out the cash voucher program according to ACF strategy and market assessments and training your team. Promote an integrated approach to program design.
- Provide support and technical expertise to all parts of the program while keeping in mind the deadlines and that the quality must be high. Support learning and application of innovative approaches.
- Represent ACF externally in both the Humanitarian Community and with Government officials as well as developing strong links with FSL and NGO actors. Actively collaborate and exchange information in FSL cluster meetings and other Government/UN forums.
- Motivate, coordinate and supervise teams, providing continuous technical and organizational support to staff and conducting trainings in cash and voucher program implementation.
Do you meet the profile required criteria ?
You’re a seasoned Food Security and Livelihoods professional
- You have earned a Bachelor of Arts or Science/Bac+4 in International Development, Economics, Humanitarian Assistance, Rural Development, Geography, Agriculture, Livestock or related studies
- You have 2 years’ work experience in similar setting and responsibility working with cash, market based, food assistance, agriculture, livestock or other livelihood based programs.
- You have experience in humanitarian settings delivering agriculture, livestock, cash or other livelihoods based programming in complex emergency and conflict/post conflict settings.
You’re a super communicator
- You have experience working with colleagues who do not speak your language. You are used to explaining your work in non-technical terms.
- You are comfortable explaining policies & procedures to a team.
- You stay calm & like talking to colleagues to find solutions to their problems.
- You contribute to team reports & are able to succinctly summarize & analyze current field activities.
Your work style builds trust within your team
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You are calm under pressure, & able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You identify training needs and work with the HR dept to develop and implement relevant trainings.
- You are goal-oriented while also being genuinely committed to helping others succeed.