Senior Consultant – Financial Services at Brunswick (Brussels, Belgium)
Brunswick is an advisory firm specializing in critical issues and corporate relations: a global partnership with 23 offices in 14 countries. Founded in 1987, Brunswick has grown organically, operating as a single profit centre – allowing us to respond seamlessly to our clients’ needs, wherever they are in the world. We offer clients senior counsel across all of our offices, so they gain a truly international perspective paired with local on-the-ground expertise and execution. To find out more, visit www.brunswickgroup.com.
In Brussels, Brunswick focuses on EU public and regulatory affairs, financial communications, crisis and issues management, media relations and corporate reputation building. Our international and multilingual team has expertise in a broad number of areas of EU policy development and provides strategic advice and stakeholder relations for clients in sectors including financial services, technology, media and telecommunications, energy, environment, retail and consumer goods, agriculture and food, transport and healthcare.
We are seeking a dynamic and versatile senior consultant in our Brussels office to be responsible for:
Project and account management and delivering strategic advice to our clients in the financial services sector.
Delivering insightful analysis and intelligence on EU financial services policy, following formal proposals through the legislative process, and being able to connect policy developments to clients’ priorities and interests.
Developing strong external and internal networks that provide valuable insight for the firm and clients, as well as potential new business opportunities.
Ensuring the high quality of work presented to the client, including coaching and managing more junior team members, as well as generating ideas and thinking creatively for clients.
Coordinating Brussels-based, Belgian and/or multi-jurisdictional campaigns on business critical issues.
Establishing and implementing stakeholder engagement activities for clients.
Drafting strategic, high quality briefing documents, messaging and positioning for clients on key issues.
The ideal candidate would have:
– 8 years of post-graduate experience in a relevant professional capacity (e.g. governmental organisation consultancy, in-house or trade association ).
– Significant project or account management experience.
– Ability to think strategically, plan ahead for future issues and events, and recognise opportunities for clients and the firm.
– Solid network of contacts amongst the EU institutions and relevant stakeholders, as well as with Brussels-based media and contacts in the financial services industry.
– Thorough understanding of the EU legislative process as well as the respective roles of the EU institutions and other policy influencers and stakeholders.
– Excellent ability to problem solve and think independently.
– Excellent analytical capabilities as well as fluent written and spoken English are essential, knowledge of other European languages would be an additional asset.
– Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are a prerequisite.
Candidates should send a tailored cv (not in Europass format) and covering letter clearly linking their experience to the role and candidate description.
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 13th May 2016. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.