Project Management Professional
برنامج خفض الانبعاثات الناتجة عن إزالة وتدهور الغابات
Position name: Project Management Professional
Closing date:7 December 2017
Duration of Contract: 25 months
The Republic of Sudan is considering the REDD+ mechanism to be a priority area for development in the management of forest resources and rangeland in the country. Greenhouse gas emissions from deforestation and forest degradation have come to the top of the international negotiations on climate change since 2005 Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation and sustainable forest management (REDD+) is a proposed global mechanism to mitigate climate change caused by forest toss or degradation, while mobilizing financial resources for the socio-economic development in forest countries. The Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (FCPF) supports selected countries in the preparation and subsequent implementation of their national REDD + strategies.
The Republic of Sudan has received a grant through the Forest Carbon Partnership Program of the World Bank to support Sudan in preparing for the implementation of its National REDD + Program.
The REDD + readiness process should ensure that implementation of proposed programs and activities will provide an opportunity for the Government of Sudan w leverage efforts and results towards sustainable development and foster national dialogue with local communities to improve environmental public effectiveness and accountability, governance and Legislation and to ensure that Sudan will be ready to undertake results- based actions that attract results-based payments
The Project Management Professional will be one of the staff PMU a member of the REDD+ unit and REDD+ programme and will provide technical support and quality assurance in program management of REDD+ Readiness portfolio of activities carried being/to be delivered by development partners and service providers at the national and sub-national level. He/she will work with the national project coordinator and the technical advisor in developing robust TORS, facilitating inputs from the respective oversight and technical committees monitoring and supervising the deliverables jointly with the Technical advisor. He/she will ensure high quality of outputs.
The Project Management Professional under supervision of the National Coordinator (NC) will work close collaboration with programme and operations teams and project staff of implementing partners
- Develop the TORS for the AF program of activities, facilitate inputs from relevant REDD+ readiness Technical Committees
- Provide technical review of deliverables from the consultancies including contributions from the REDD+ Readiness Technical Committees
- Ensure quality of deliverables for publication and dissemination
- Support the Communications Officer in preparation of workshops including validation workshops and output related training plans and in collaboration with the NC
- Ensure and create good relation with partners and service providers under the Additional fund (AF)
- Support wbu.st collaboration with key line ministries including Agriculture, Energy Finance, Planning, Rural Development at the national and state level
- Support the Safeguard Specialist and the Communications Specialist in delivering the consultation and awareness to all states
- Support for the Programme Team in ensuring that that project implementation is properly aligned with approved work plans;
- Provide recommendation and help design relevant training and capacity development to help the REDD+ Readiness oversight and technical committees in in their support to the project
Development of a risk management strategy and plan that will define certain risk approaches and guide the identification monitoring and executing of appropriate response plans, and prepare monthly quality analysis emerging from assessments of projects
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in relevant field— Project Management, Development Studies, Political Economy, Public Policy, and Business Administration with professions certification in Project Management.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant and successful post-masters experience of managing medium to large scale development projects. At least 3 to 4 years of substitutive engagement with projects focusing on strengthening of institutional capacities
- International experience will be a plus
- Fluency in oral and written English
Forests National Corporation Building.
P.O. Box 656 Khartoum - Sudan
Fax = +249 83 472659
Applications can be sent to the following E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted