NZ EU focus on WTO ag, NTB issues and FTA

Featured Story

Stairs into an attraction collapse in Tayto Park, nine people hospitalised

MEATH, Ireland – What was to be a thrilling adventure turned into tragedy when excited guests entering a newly opened attraction at Tayto Park suffered injuries after stairs leading inside collapsed. 

The new attraction at Tayto Park, ‘House of Horrors’ had been creating a stir in Ireland as it had been developed for Halloween. 

As guests began entering the attraction, the stair leading inside collapsed, sending ten people to the hospital. 

On Saturday, the park is said to have been opened till late for a Halloween After Dark event and soon after the incident the staff cordoned off the area. Medical assistance was called in and witnesses said that two ambulances were seen at the spot. 

A spokesperson said that customers were taken to the hospital as a precaution and that the extent of any injuries were not known.

The spokesperson added that the park would remain open. 

The park released an official statement in which it said, “Last night at approximately 8 pm the lower portion of a permanent staircase leading to The House of Horrors gave way. The Tayto Park emergency plan was immediately put in place and the emergency services attended the scene. 9 people were transported to hospitals in the city as a precautionary measure to assess their injuries. The  management of Tayto Park will co-operate fully with the investigation as the safety of our guests is paramount. Tayto Park will open today from 10am.”

Meanwhile, a garda spokesperson said that the Health and Safety Authority had launched an investigation into the incident.

Leave a Reply