Kenya: AGRICULTURE EXTENSION OFFICER
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is an international not-for-profit humanitarian and development agency with headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, and Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, and Zambia. AAH-I has a long experience in delivering humanitarian assistance in South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia and Somalia.
Action Africa Help International has received SPARK-DFID grant for Support and Protection and Assistant of Refugees in Kenya (SPARK) Project to enhance self -reliance and sustainable livelihoods for refugees in Kakuma, Turkana County.
AAH-I is seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
AGRICULTURE EXTENSION OFFICER
Reporting to the Project manager the Agricultural Extension Officer will be responsible for building the capacity of the livelihood project staff by providing agricultural extension technical support. S/He will ensure that agricultural extension services are effectively and efficiently provided during SPARK project implementation.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Agricultural, Agriculture Economics, Agro-Enterprise, Rural Development or a closely related field.
- Minimum five (5) years’ work experience three (3) of which must be in a similar role.
- Possess proven practical knowledge of the program development cycle, design and management.
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment.
- Able to manage relationships to achieve results.