Haiti: Associate Director – Housing Microfinance (Haiti)
Habitat for Humanity International in partnership with the World Council of Credit Unions, the leading global trade association and development agency for financial inclusion, are seeking an Associate Director of Housing Microfinance (Deputy Chief of Party) to support the Home Ownership and Mortgage Expansion Initiative in Haiti. The project stimulates affordable housing development in Haiti through housing finance; builds the interest and capacity of participating financial intermediaries to effectively cost, issue and service home loans and mortgages geared towards low-to-moderate income households; builds the interest and capacity of housing developers to build affordable units which will be in demand by average Haitian households; and assesses the target market demand for different types of housing finance and homeownership.
JOB TITLE: Associate Director of Housing Microfinance (Deputy Chief of Party) – Haiti
JOB LOCATION: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Associate Director of Housing Microfinance will have primary responsibility for the following:
- Provide support to participating lenders to either enhance existing approaches or develop innovative loan products that complement conventional financing methods and to reevaluate organizational obstacles to long-term lending for the working poor;
- Provide support to the COP in overseeing the timely execution of project tasks and integrity of project deliverables;
Develop, maintain and monitor relationships with financial institutions and other housing stakeholders.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; an advanced degree in financial management preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in progressively more responsible positions working in housing finance in Haiti, or in similar developing country contexts, specifically from the perspective of a financial institution.
- Working knowledge of current developments in microfinance, including mobile financial services and one or more of the following: savings, remittances, financial literacy.
- Experience working in Haiti, preferably with the Haitian financial and housing sectors.
- Experience working in or with microfinance institutions, central banks and cooperative financial institutions.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French and/or Haitian Creole strongly preferred.
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manila, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.