First Annual Africa Liberty Forum, June 9 – 10, Championing the Growth of Independence, Good Governance, and Liberty in Africa
WASHINGTON, June 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — The Africa Liberty Forum, co-hosted by Atlas Network and Ghana-based IMANI Center for Policy and Education, brings together friends of Africa’s freedom movement to learn from one another how to effectively advance free-market reforms. During the two-day special event, participants will attend interactive sessions and hear from distinguished speakers like Ace Anan Ankomah, managing partner of Bentsi-Enchill, Letsa & Ankomah; Temba Nolutshungu, director of the Free Market Foundation in South Africa; and Mrs. Ethel Cofie, founder of Women in Tech Africa. The winner of the 2016 Africa Liberty Award will also be announced.
When: June 9-10, 2016
Where: Mensvic Hotel; Lome Street; Accra, Ghana
Press Contacts: Daniel Anthony, Daniel.Anthony@
Africa Liberty Forum Highlights:
— Presentations from (among others):
- Ace Anan Ankomah, Bentsi-Enchill, Letsa & Ankomah
- Temba Nolutshungu, Free Market Foundation
- Dr. Kwesi Aning, Kofi Anan International Peace Keeping Center
- Dr. Jemima Nunoo, Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration
- Ethel Cofie, Women in Tech Africa
- Dr. Tony Oteng Gyasi, Tropical Cable and Conductor Ltd
- Herman Chinery-Hesse, SOFTtribe
— Discussions on:
- Civil liberties, national security, and the law in a technological age
- How do we tame the state from capturing resources meant for everyone?
- Lessons from the Chinese economic downturn
- Why businesses must support knowledge creation and intellectual capital in the policy space
- And much more!
About the IMANI Center for Policy and Education (IMANI)
Based in Ghana, IMANI seeks to stimulate public discussion of the promotion of economic prosperity rights, the rule of law, open and unconditional trade, free speech, and decentralization of power and resources. IMANI has been ranked the most influential think tank in Ghana and the second most influential think tank in Sub-Saharan Africa in 2014 and 2015 by the Lauder Institute of the University of Pennsylvania in the Global Go To Think Tank Index. To learn more, visit imaniafrica.org.
About Atlas Network
Washington-based Atlas Network is a nonprofit organization that strengthens the worldwide freedom movement by connecting over 450 independent partners in 97 countries that share the vision of a free, prosperous, and peaceful world where limited governments defend the rule of law, private property, and free markets. To learn more, visit atlasnetwork.org.