Advocacy Manager at Prospero & Partners (Antwerp or Brussels)
Prospero & Partners is a highly specialized consultancy that provides technology stewardship and public affairs to both innovative disruptors and established multinationals in the sustainable agriculture space. For almost 20 years, we have been helping some of the world’s leading developers of sustainable agricultural inputs to cultivate change and harvest value. We have unique expertise in convening agricultural players to form trade associations, stewarding the technologies they represent through complex regulatory and legislative processes, and ensuring their voice is heard with impactful advocacy and communications. The work of the associations we serve relies on expert volunteers from within numerous member companies. We therefore also have special expertise in facilitating the group processes that generate purposeful collaboration, industry-wide consensus and business-critical results.
Prospero & Partners is now looking to hire an experienced Advocacy Manager, reporting directly to the Partners. The primary task of the Advocacy Manager is to support achievement of the regulatory goals of our key trade association clients, with advocacy planning and expertise and excellent editorial input in native-level English.
- Developing and implementing advocacy strategies and editorial plans to support the achievement of regulatory outcomes pursued by key trade association clients
- Securing effective engagement with institutional players to build awareness of the technologies represented by key trade association clients
- Writing and editing a wide range of content in English to communicate complex scientific and regulatory issues in non-specialist terms for decision-makers
- Supporting the public affairs working groups of key trade association clients with note-taking, group facilitation, and the contribution of advocacy expertise
- Developing and managing production schedules and working closely with external providers (graphic, digital and editorial) to ensure timely delivery of all communications
- Managing the collection, analysis and presentation of industry-specific macroeconomic findings to support advocacy on behalf of our key trade association clients
Required experience and skills
- 5-7 years’ experience of working in an advocacy and/or communications role, at least some of which must include experience of working in a European trade association
- A university degree in any subject, with a proven track record of strong academic performance, evidence of analytic skills, and high personal standards
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing multiple suppliers, budgets and project plans
- Impeccable, native-level spoken and written English, with excellent presentation skills (both verbal and use of presentation software)
- An interest in at least one of the following: the life sciences, biotechnology, food & agriculture, environmental sustainability, and/or technological innovation
- Full professional fluency in French and, ideally, one other European language (Italian or German preferred)
- A capacity to work accurately, quickly, and independently, as well as to collaborate effectively with association members, a small in-house team, and external consultants
Working with our team in-person, in either Antwerp or Brussels, will be a weekly requirement, but the successful candidate will also have an opportunity to work mainly remotely (most days of the week) via our web-enabled team-working environment.
Additional Application Instructions
How to apply: Qualified candidates should email a covering letter and cv, with the contact details of two referees, describing how they meet the requirements for the role, to Barbara Verplancken, Office Manager (email@example.com) by Friday 28 October 2016.